people who hate potc:dmc and think it shouldn’t have been made make me a bit uneasy because in dmc you have
- Elizabeth being very badass and a proper pirate
- Will finding a care-taking arc that wasn’t about her / Will finding an identity outside of Elizabeth
- Jack trying so had to outrun his past and failing; Jack, eventually, doing the right thing, and at one point being more of a captain that he has ever been before. (I may write meta on Jack and captaincy at some point).
- Norrington. Wonderful, wonderful, Norrington. I love him in DMC. That combination of pirate/good man/desperate rum-soaked navy man brought low is perfectly done.
- A bigger world - something that is more than just an adventure story, something that has consequence, with more characters and more of an atmosphere and more of a world.
- The way that time is catching up to them, the way that this world cannot last - that breaks my heart into a million tiny little Beckett-hating bits, and therefore must be good.
- And, last but very much not least and tbh the only reason you need to adore this film: TIA DALMA. It’s actually difficult for me to remember that Tia Dalma was played by an actress and was not, in fact, a goddess. She’s just so brilliantly done, so well acted and written and every single thing about her is the best.
#i mean i will listen openly to your pov #i am not judging #but that said HOW CAN YOU HATE DMC #tia dalma empress of my existence #i am biased i know because this film was the only one of the series i had for years #but i see people disliking all the sequels #and yes 3 and 4 i can understand disliking or even hating #and i’m just going #but #TIA DALMA AND WORLD BUILDING AND NORRINGTON AND JACK AND LIZ AND WILL AND STUFF
Day 1: Favorite movie (1, 2, 3…)
Day 2: Favorite character
Day 3: Best antagonist (Captain Barbossa, Davy Jones, Lord Beckett, …)
Day 4: Favorite parent (Bootstrap Bill, Captain Teague, Governor Swann, …)
Day 5: A quote from The Curse of the Black Pearl
Day 6: A quote from Dead Man’s Chest
Day 7: A quote from At World’s End
Day 8: I wish I was this character
Day 9: Favorite Jack moment
Day 10: Favorite Will moment
Day 11: Favorite Elizabeth moment
Day 12: A funny scene
Day 13: Epic fight scene
Day 14: Favorite crew member (Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti, …)
Day 15: I sail with Captain _____ (Sparrow, Barbossa, Davy Jones, …)
Day 16: Favorite PotC pairing (Will & Elizabeth, Jack & Elizabeth, …)
Day 17: Favorite PotC friendship
Day 18: A picture of Jack
Day 19: A picture of Will
Day 20: A picture of Elizabeth
Day 21: Favorite creature (Jack the Monkey, Prison Dog, Kraken)
Day 22: I will commandeer this boat (Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, …)
Day 23: Nautical phrase of choice (Or favorite catchphrase,savvy?)
Day 24: I drop anchor at _____ (Port Royal, Tortuga, …)
Day 25: A battle on water
Day 26: A battle on land
Day 27: Favorite plundered item (Medallion, compass, jar of dirt, …)
Day 28: All about rum (Anything goes as long as it’s about rum and why it’s gone!)
Day 29: Scene I could watch again and again
Day 30: How I would escape after being marooned on an island
My new Pirates of the Caribbean vid! Enjoy! ;)
The sea is full of monsters and first among them is the sea.
Oh yes, she has her favorites—Odysseus and Gan Ning, Aruj and Edward, Jack, Davy. They are all witty; they are all empty. She fills them with herself, rimes their heartstrings with salt and teaches them how to wantwantwant like the pounding of the tides. She comes, and goes, loves and does not, for she is the sea and moves by her own secret currents. None may command her.
They try. They all say, at this point or that, fit here in my palm and fly to my hand; lick the blood and spars of ships from your teeth and cast your eyes downward, quiet your rage and quiet your hunger—there is too much in you, I do not like it; be warm and small and shallow for me, be there for me, be for me.
But her laughter is the sound of waves breaking and the hurricane-cracking of masts, and she tells them all no.
(they do not like her answer)
“I agree with—and I cannot believe the words are coming out of me mouth—Captain Swann.”
More Sparrabeth fanfiction recs!! Again, if I repeat any stories from my previous lists, I apologize!
Also, this is the last time I will be doing fanfic recs like this… I think I have exhausted my store of fiction!